Talking goals, mantras and important life lessons with up and coming DJ duo PVBLIC XCESS.
In the latest instalment of our Conversation Skills series, DDW links up with rising transatlantic DJ duo PVBLIC XCESS as they prepare for the release of their debut EP Wale Wale, out today (April 22). Comprised of French-American dance honcho Chloé Caillet and emerging London artist Josh Ludlow, PVBLIC XCESS are obsessive record-diggers and shrewd selectors, with a taste for decade-spanning marathon sets which dice between disco, electronic, afrobeat, house and funk.
Whether it’s Pacha, fabric or any other haunt they inhabit for a rousing sweat fest, the pulsing atmosphere is persistently high-energy and bliss-inducing. Watch out for these two in the upcoming Ibiza season where they will be laying down their new EP Wale Wale, featuring the huge track Dont’ Wanna (Get Down) we featured in last month’s New Music Fridays. We asked them a few questions about their goals, aspirations and things they can’t live without:
1. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Josh – Hopefully not underwater…
Chloe – Skydiving
2. If you could do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would that be?
Josh – Hang out with my pals at the climbing wall, listening to trip-hop. Might need a portable synth though.
Chloe – Eat Japanese food
3. Where are your go-to places to find peace of mind?
Josh – Japanese gardens (they don’t have to be in Japan either).
Chloe – For a swim, the ocean is always the best thing for peace.
4. What’s the most important thing that you’ve learned so far in life?
Josh – Play the long, be patient.
Chloe – Don’t listen to anyone, do you?
5. What are your top 5 party hot spots around the globe?
Josh – I can’t remember with this pandemic. I once had a lovely experience in Argentina though…
Chloe – Mexico City, NYC, Miami, and Rio de Janeiro.
6. How do you want the world to remember you?
Josh – ‘A good listener’
Chloe – As someone who made people dance and have fun
7. Do you have a mantra that you live by?
Josh – I am aiming towards ‘progress not perfection’
Chloe – Yolo.
8. Who do you look up to?
Josh – Noam.
Chloe – My Mom.
9. Name one thing you can’t live without.
Josh – Oat Milk.
Chloe – My piano.
10. What don’t you want to die wondering about?
Josh – What it’s like to rear goats.
Chloe – What an alien actually looks like.